Blog post

Freedom of Flower arrangements

July 6, 2018

What is a better day than to come home and find fresh flowers  in the old vase. DSC_0021Dated vases are not even needed to display flower arrangements.  They can also be cast in their own artistic ornate manner, set on an old table by the window or on an old suitcase or trunk with or without flowers.  And here is a shabby chic little corner I made up for myself for when I find time to read my book.  And plus a vase with flowers is never missing next to me.DSC_0001Period vases are forged from a diversity of substances and materials inclusive of glass, and porcelain, ceramic and metal.  Not forgetting that also wooden vases that have been a beauty in floral arrangements for decades in homes were treated to prevent them from becoming rotten. Victorian and Edwardian, Art Deco and Art Nouveau antique vases are all sorts of genre in the approach style of antiques.  In all respect of the olden days craftsmanship has illustrated the unfolding of human civilisation. The vases in their shapes and frameworks are meditative of these. Crafted to aspire the decoration of flowers in the home.  The depiction and mastery of vases have transformed at an end, a creativity shaped in their own desire, from ancestral shaped vases to more present day vintage vases.DSC_0001Two days ago I went to the post office and I found a magazine that I haven’t read for a very long time, entitle “Homes & Antiques.”  As I fiddled the pages, I found out there were a chapter of few pages with a story of vases, and it hit me home, so I bought it in thought I would like to share with you at my blog today.   Since I wrote a few paragraphs of “vases and flower arrangement” some years ago, I thought it was time to redo them.  And since that all my vases been packed and sealed, I reminded myself that sharing my own paragraphs with you would make a post today by adding pictures from the home magazine..
And here I am sharing the beautiful pictures from “Homes and Antiques” magazine which I hope you will all appreciate the colorful tastes we can bring to our home from one season to another.010

006

007

017

011

014

009

013

012 - Copy

015

008I am taking some time before I sleep to read the few pages of what they wrote about the topic of vases and flower arrangements.  When it comes to vases, flowers and home decorating – it’s me!
Well ladies and gentlemen, I hope you are all set for summer in your own little ways.  Have all the fun and thank you for visiting.  Love you and leave you – Cheerio!DSC_0005The first two pictures belongs to me and the rest were featured in the “Homes & Antiques” Magazine.  Writing in words are mine! Thank you!

12 Comments

• ambikabhardwaj

August 29, 2018 at 12:25 pm

Juli! How have you been? Haven’t heard from you in a while. Hope you are well and having a great adventure somewhere amazing!
    Lots of love and peace. ♥️

• Cynthia Reyes

July 9, 2018 at 4:41 pm

Gorgeous. I am going to have to get my antique vase and stick some flowers in it TODAY. Have a good week.

1. J

French Shabby Chic Cabane

July 9, 2018 at 5:57 pm

Hello Cynthia! Thank you for visiting today. I hope the weather is good at your end. I wish I could see the flowers in your vase, Knowing they are gorgeous! You take care and have a lovely week!

• D. Wallace Peach

July 6, 2018 at 9:10 pm

What a beautiful post! I love the arrangements, Juli. Not only the bright colorful ones but the simple white one too in the antique vases. I never thought about how the vases are pieces of the arrangement too. (Seems rather silly to have just noticed that. Ha ha). Gorgeous. <3

1. J

French Shabby Chic Cabane

July 6, 2018 at 9:24 pm

ooh Diana, thank you for your sweet comment. Indeed you can line up a few different types of vases and just put one or two flowers or branches of green leaves, and just let the beauty flow in your home, on a table, or by the window, you will love them. from old bottles, to pasta sauce jars, they can also be used in the process of floral arrangement, no hassle to go buy the gorgeous ones, some odd ones added with some pretty ones, they will all match and you will love them forever. I am happy to have read from you. Hoping the sun is shining at your side, too hot over here!

1. D. Wallace Peach

July 6, 2018 at 9:38 pm

You’ve inspired me, Juli. I’ll have to give it a try!

1. J

French Shabby Chic Cabane

July 6, 2018 at 11:46 pm

Well thought of Diana, go ahead, but please make a post ohhh my days, I cannot wait to write my little comment because I know it’s going to be smashing! Waiting for your flower arrangements.

1. D. Wallace Peach

July 7, 2018 at 12:58 am

I doubt it will be a pretty as yours… but I’ll try!

2. J

French Shabby Chic Cabane

July 7, 2018 at 1:54 am

surely it will be. just mess about with the flowers and it will be your own pretty creation.

• HappyHauteHome

July 6, 2018 at 3:41 pm

Those are some beautiful vases for sure. I love the ones with handles on both sides!

1. J

French Shabby Chic Cabane

July 6, 2018 at 5:07 pm

Aww thank you so much Denise. They are all beautiful, are they not. I read about them last night it was very interesting, and I learned their culture and the prices, It was very interesting.

1. HappyHauteHome

July 6, 2018 at 5:58 pm

It looks very interesting, I love articles like that too!